Supplier Management Policies
In 2020, Chia Hsin Cement Group promulgated its Supplier Management Policy and asked each subsidiary to adopt the policy. The policy places emphasis on energy conservation, environmental protection, and other green procurement principles. It also states that suppliers shall protect human rights and labor rights, and shall not use child labor. It also emphasizes suppliers’ commitment to ethical management and corporate social responsibility, and requires suppliers to sign a Letter of Undertaking of Integrity and Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment Form. Supplier assessments, supplier guidance/education, and supplier performance evaluations are regularly conducted to classify suppliers. Since 2022, we have started to provide training programs on Ethical Management and Anti-Corruption for our important suppliers to demonstrate and strengthen Chia Hsin Cement Corporation’s Ethical Management and Code of Integrity Management. We will continue to pay attention to the sustainability actions of our suppliers. Our supplier contracts will continue to include clauses that state that suppliers shall abide by labor rights, human rights, ethical management, and green procurement principles.
Implementation Status of Supplier Management Policy and Relevant Regulations
Supplier Assessments / Performance Evaluations
- All of our suppliers of products related to cement and paper packaging were assessed on quality, delivery, cooperativeness, price, labor/human rights, ethical management, and green procurement principles in 2023.
- In 2023, assessments of 23 central kitchen suppliers were carried out with 100% execution rate.
Supplier Guidance and Education
- In 2023, we invited suppliers and related partners to participate in a 2-hour Supplier Integrity Education Program, which took place from November to December, with a total of 18 suppliers and 59 individuals attending.
- In the same year, we arranged personnel from energy-managing companies to participate in two Energy Management Education Courses, with a total duration of 4 hours.
In 2023, we continued to include clauses in our supplier contract stating that suppliers must abide by labor rights, human rights, ethical management, and green procurement principles. The Company attaches importance to the ethical management of our suppliers, selecting suppliers based on “Ethical Corporate Management Best Practice Principles” and requiring that suppliers exceeding a certain transaction amount sign the “Letter of Undertaking of Integrity”, “Non-Disclosure Agreement”, “Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment Form”.
As a retailer in Taiwan, the Company mainly purchases cement from domestic companies and abroad to be transported by sea to the silo storages at Keelung and Taichung Ports, after which the cement is sold to customers in bulks or bags.
Our main cement suppliers are Taiwan Cement (TCC) and Asia Cement (ACC), both proponents of quality control, human rights, and environmental protection.
Hospitality and food services sector
- We do not use shark fins or other protected species as ingredients.
- We do not use disposable utensils or melamine utensils.
- We prioritize the use of local ingredients to reduce carbon emissions during transportation.
- We promote organic and local businesses, such as by purchasing organic foods from the Yonglin Farm and purchasing from other small local farms.