Human Rights Policy
CHC Group is committed to upholding the fundamental human rights of its employees, recognizing and supporting international human rights standards such as the “UN Global Compact”, the “UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights”, and the “ILO Declaration of Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work”. The Group takes concrete actions to demonstrate its responsibility to respect and protect human rights, complies with local labor and gender equality regulations, and eliminates any behavior that violates human rights.
Human Rights Protection
- Diversity and Inclusion and Ensuring Equal Employment Opportunities:
- Compliance with labor laws and regulations to ensure non-discriminatory employment policies and the prohibition of forced labor.
- Prohibition of age discrimination, protection of the labor rights and interests of middle-aged and elderly workers, and the creation of a friendly employment environment.
- Prohibition of the illegal employment of child labor.
- Promotion of workplace diversity, with no discriminatory treatment or any form of discrimination based on employees’ personal characteristics such as gender (incl. gender orientation), race, class, age, marital status, language, thought, religion, political party, place of origin, place of birth, appearance, facial features, disability, and others.
- Open Communication Channels:
- To facilitate positive labor-management relations and a harmonious work environment, regular labor-management meetings are held to provide open communication mechanisms and create a harmonious and win-win labor-management relations.
- Providing a Safe and Healthy Work Environment:
- Providing a safe working environment for employees and necessary first aid measures, eliminating factors in the work environment that may affect employee safety and health, and reducing the risk of occupational accidents.
- Valuing the work-life balance of employees, actively caring for and managing abnormal workloads among employees to avoid overtime work.
- Caring for by conducting regular health check-ups and organizing lectures on sports and regimen, as well as providing spaces for sports and fitness.
- Respecting the right of employees to assemble, associate, and join various clubs and organizations, and providing diverse forms of grants for sports clubs.
- Encouraging employees’ family members to participate in Corporate travel activities to enrich the concept of work-life balance.
- Personal Data Protection:
- A Personal Data Protection Management Committee is established to plan, supervise, audit, maintain, and improve the personal data management system.
- All units are required to implement personal data inventory and management, and not to collect, process, or use personal data without legitimate specific purposes.
- Regular Review and Evaluation of Human Rights-Related Systems and Actions:
- Regularly reviewing the effectiveness of human rights management and optimizing management measures based on evaluation results to reduce related risks.
- The human rights policy of the Group is reported on the Group’s official website to raise awareness of human rights among employees and stakeholders, and to continue improvement.
Chia Hsin Cement Group Chairman
Jason K. L. Chang